HSR: Principal Health Services Researcher
The American Institutes for Research’s (AIR) Research and Evaluation unit is seeking an experienced Principal Researcher to help develop and grow work in research and evaluation, policy analysis, measurement, and performance management, in the areas of health services organization, financing and cost of care, quality of care, quality of life, consumer engagement, health communication, and behavioral health (i.e., substance abuse and mental health). We are seeking an individual who can work in conjunction with a strong team of senior staff; engage in strategic planning; lead efforts to win new work; and carry out this work via designing and leading research, evaluation, and technical assistance projects in the areas of consumer and patient engagement, evidence-based health care, comparative effectiveness, and quality and safety in the delivery of health care.
- Provide technical leadership of research projects including developing research and evaluation designs, providing strategic thinking, and identifying creative solutions to address client needs.
- Lead business development activities including identifying opportunities and strategic partnerships, cultivating relationships with existing and potential new clients, engaging in strategic outreach around new and existing work, and writing proposals to obtain funding.
- Manage projects and staff including directing projects, supervising and supporting project team members, and client management.
- Communicate the results and impact of AIR’s work via participation in professional meetings, advisory panels, or publishing research results in peer-reviewed publications.
- Ph.D. or M.D. with 7+ years related experience in health services research or an M.A., M.S., or M.P.H. (or equivalent degree) with 10+ year’s related experience. M.D. or other clinical expertise strongly preferred.
- Direct experience with measurement of patient and consumer engagement in health care delivery or health care policy.
- Technical expertise in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods .
- Success in managing complex, high profile projects to develop quality measures for use on a national scale.
- Technical writing expertise and proficiency in communicating with various audiences (e.g., health care providers, purchasers, and consumers). Experience with plain language writing a plus.
- At least 5+ years of demonstrated leadership and management skills, including the ability to lead projects and proposals, provide day-to-day management of complex projects and tasks, interact with clients, and direct and mentor staff members.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Please use link below for applying to position: https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/10172/principal-health-services-researcher/job
Copyright© 2017, Health Research & Educational Trust. All rights reserved. Content Disclaimer
Health Research & Educational Trust, 155 North Wacker, 4th Floor Chicago, IL 60606 (312) 422.2600